Plantains are member of the banana family. It is starchier than bananas. Fried plantain is eaten in many cultures and the Yoruba people especially love to eat it in so many ways. Learn this fun recipe and enjoy it as a side with rice or beans or as a main meal with stew or simply with fried eggs!
TOOLS AND KITCHEN EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
- Frying pan
- Kid-Safe Knife
- Measuring cup
- Chopping board
- 1 or 2 Ripe yellow Plantain
- ½ a cup Oil for Frying
- Salt to taste (Optional)
- Cut both ends off the whole plantain
- Make a longitudinal slit through skin of plantain
- Peel off the outer skin of the raw plantain
- Slice plantains horizontally
- Toss in Salt Immediately ( optional )
- Pour oil in a frying pan and Heat oil to 350OF
- Fry on medium heat until golden brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper towel
- Set on cooling rack
- Enjoy eating it your favorite way!