Swallow is a traditional food in Nigeria that is eaten with soups or stews. It’s called swallow because you take a small protion of it, roll it into a ball, dip it into your soup/stew, and swallow it. Yum!
TOOLS AND KITCHEN EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
- Wooden Spoon
- Cooking Pot
- 1/2 Cup Gàrri (Coarse Cassava flakes)
- 1/2 Cup Omi (Water)
- Pour the water into a pot.
- Bring to a boil .
- Sprinkle the Garri to the boiled water.
- Make sure all the water covers the Garri.
- Cover the pot with a lid immediately for 2 minutes. It is important to not let the steam/heat escape.
- Lift the lid, turn and press the mixture repeatedly with your wooden spatula until the Garri is well incorporated and no lumps are seen. Now you have Eba! TIP: Make sure to press the mixture against the side of the pot with your spatula. “Turn and Press” repeatedly.
- Cut a piece of cling wrap and scoop the Eba onto it.
- Wrap the Eba up tightly. This creates a smooth compact presentation.
- Enjoy your yummy freshly Eba with your favorite stew/soup.