Okra soup is a staple in some Yoruba households. It is a tasty, healthy, yet easy-to-make soup that is often served with stew and a swallow.
TOOLS AND KITCHEN EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
- A Kid Safe Knife
- Wooden Spoon
- Cooking Pot
- Non-slip cutting board
- 1 lb. Whole fresh Okra
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cray Fish (optional)
- ¼ tsp Ground pepper (optional)
- Rinse the okra thoroughly with water.
- Cut the head of okra off and trash. Cut up the rest of the okra in smaller sizes
- Transfer cut okra into a blender. Add water to okra.
- Press the Pulse button on your blender.
- Press Chop button for 1 sec only. Wait 2 seconds and press chop again for 1 second.
- Repeat Till okra is evenly chopped.
- Pour the chopped okra into a pot.
- On medium heat bring to a boil and cook for an additional 5 min stirring frequently.
- It is natural to see okra froth or foam up as you heat up.
- Lift out of the pot like this to as you stir. It helps with mixing, and keep the okra from bubbling over.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add crayfish. (optional)
- Add ground pepper. (optional)
- Enjoy your yummy freshly made okra with any swallow and your favorite stew.